Dark Theme

Phil Hannent phil at hannent.co.uk
Sun Apr 21 03:51:20 EDT 2013

Good morning,

On 21 April 2013 02:59, Tron <tron at hotbox.ru> wrote:

>      Changed my OS theme (in Win XP) to dark - to reduce eye strain and get
> a more comfortable programing environment. Now white text appears in
> black windows. Worked fine for most apps but in Pidgin individual
> "Buddies" are invisible. The titles of groups appear in
> white print and are visible but individual entries in each group
> retained black text and so stay invisible on a black background until
> a particular entry is selected and therefore highlighted. Can this be
> reprogrammed so individual entries change their text color just as
> titles do - in obedience to the general OS theme?

Someone more authoritative might know more than me. However as far as I am
aware Pidgin uses the GTK Themes which are not linked directly to the
Windows XP themes. You can alter the GTK themes via a plugin in Pidgin.

Buddy List -> Tools -> Plugins -> Pidgin GTK+ Theme Control -> Configure

I am not sure if what you are looking for is within that Plugin, if not
then someone that knows more would possibly be able to point you in the
right direction.

Regards
Phil Hannent