no connection/ proxy

maja-sina at online.de maja-sina at online.de
Sun Aug 11 01:21:38 EDT 2013

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------

Hi everyone,

Pidgin is not connecting. After a while I always get the message:
... at jabber.ccc.de/net disconnected
Server closed the connection

I have only limited access to the internet, which means I have to use a proxy server which blocks many homepages.
Pidgin is not connecting although it is generally allowed to use.
Are there other homepages, servers etc that I have to have access to in order to use Pidgin?

When cofiguring my account I typed in the proxy setting manually and I also tried it with "Use environmental Settings".
In Tools->Preferences->Network: I set the Ports on 80 and stuntserver.org

By the way, I use Linux.

I hope you can help me,
Maja