How can I activate system logs functionnality in Pidgin please?

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Aug 15 02:56:18 EDT 2013

On 14/08/13 16:12, Isabelle Flageul wrote:

 > Subject: How can I activate system logs functionnality in Pidgin please?

Most problems experienced by people in Oracle, with Pidgin, are to do
with Oracle's internal XMPP system, so you would probably be best
advised to contact your own internal IT support people, as the people on
this public mailing list do not know Oracle's internal arrangements.

However, this page describes how to get debugging logs from Pidgin:
https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/TipsForBugReports.  Note that you
should go through your IT department to report bugs.

I don't believe that the standard version of Pidgin uses syslog.