Does ICQ Only SMS To Those 5 Countries ?

Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 21:49:00 EST 2013

There is an unofficial plugin that allows SMS in Pidgin via Google's
services.  Note, Google intentionally restricts this feature to official
Google clients, the author of this plugin circumvents that and I'm not sure
of the repercussions:
http://snarfed.org/google_talk_sms_pidgin_plugin

In regards to all SMS everywhere, a Google search returns some services
(some free, some at a premium) that offer global SMS.  If you find one that
accepts XMPP or offers a Pidgin compatible plugin, please share.

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com