Error requesting https://api.oscar.aol.com/aim/startOSCARSession: Unable to connect to api.oscar.aol.com: SSL Connection Failed

Alonso, Shelley (NIH/NCI) [C] alonsos at mail.nih.gov
Thu Feb 7 12:55:15 EST 2013

I downloaded the latest version of pigeon this morning and installed ona new laptop that has windows 7 OS. I get the following error when trying to connect:

Error requesting https://api.oscar.aol.com/aim/startOSCARSession: Unable to connect to api.oscar.aol.com: SSL Connection Failed

Your site says that if you get AOL SSL handshake message to install the latest version of pigeon, which I have just done. And searching your support site has not helped... I do not find any tickets for this issue.

It is pretty important that I get some sort of IM client working soon since I work remote and this is a main avenue of communication with my group. I really hate using AIM... I have been using pigeon for the last 4 years on my old laptop which is running windows xp ,and like it a lot better.

Thanks,
Shelley