Change tray icon visibility through dbus

Daniel Castro danicast at cisco.com
Fri Jan 4 07:21:24 EST 2013

Hi,

I'm running Linux Mint 14 32-bit Cinnamon and I hit this issue
<https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/issues/246> with Pidgin's tray icon.

I'm trying to find a workaround while this gets fixed in Cinnamon. I get
my icon back by going to Tools -> Preferences and disabling and enabling
the system tray icon. So I'd like to see if I can automate this.

Is there a way to change the tray icon's visibility using dbus?

So, can I use purple-remote to change that preference, from:
<pref name='docklet'>
             <pref name='blink' type='bool' value='1'/>
             <pref name='show' type='string' value='always'/>
             <pref name='gtk'>
                 <pref name='embedded' type='bool' value='1'/>
             </pref>
To:
<pref name='docklet'>
             <pref name='blink' type='bool' value='1'/>
             <pref name='show' type='string' value='always'/>
             <pref name='gtk'>
                 <pref name='embedded' type='bool' value='*0*'/>
             </pref>

I'd appreciate if someone could tell me how to do this.

Regards,
--

Daniel Castro
Software QA Engineer
danicast at cisco.com

Cisco Systems Internetworking (Ireland) Limited
Oranmore Business Park
Oranmore, Galway
Ireland
Cisco.com - http://www.cisco.com

Cisco Systems Internetworking (Ireland) Limited
A private limited company registered in Ireland under company number 314989 with its registered office at
Block P6, Eastpoint Business Park
Dublin 3
Ireland

For corporate legal information go to: