Feature Request/Update

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Jan 15 13:26:03 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 7:41 AM, David Coulson <david at davidcoulson.net> wrote:
> nothing to do with Pidgin.

I think that's not entirely accurate.  I think Pidgin could support
logging into Google Talk with oauth, in which case the user would
enter their authentication credentials into their browser (including a
one-time password, for people with 2-factor authentication enabled).
In this case users would not need to generate an application specific
password.

I don't know how other people feel about this.  I'm mildly in favor of
it.  The code is mildly Google specific... but I think our XMPP PRPL
already has other Google-specific code.  And the oauth model is
becoming increasingly more common.

https://developers.google.com/talk/jep_extensions/oauth