FW: Developing E-mail application need IM.

Ethan Blanton elb at psg.com
Tue Jan 15 16:23:37 EST 2013

Taking this back to the list.

Kyle Hooks spake unto us the following wisdom:
> On Jan 15, 2013 4:13 PM, "Ethan Blanton" <elb at psg.com> wrote:
> > Kyle Hooks spake unto us the following wisdom:
> > > Didn't mean to be rude, but while the information may be there,
> > > chances are I don't know where to find it or maybe even don't
> > > understand it, so could you please just let me know how I would do
> > > that and if that's alright?
> >
> > The short answer is, if you don't understand the information on
> > pidgin.im, then no, you can't do it.
>
> Right but I didn't ask for the short answer.

See, this is the rude part.  The long answer is very long.  Of COURSE
it can be done, if you're willing to do enough work.  The Pidgin
documentation and source give you plenty of information to figure out
how hard it is.  It's a fair amount of effort.  You're not even
willing to look at, or look for, that documentation, and you want me
to describe the process in detail?

So, no, you can't do it.

If you have specific questions, we'd be more than happy to answer
them.  "Can you tell me how to write my program?" is not specific
enough.

Ethan