problems with MSN certificate chain

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri Jan 18 11:41:52 EST 2013

Fosforo wrote:
> the SHA1 of the popup certificate for  local-bay.contacts.msn.com i am
> getting is:
>
> f6:56:e3:29:84:86:8b:6b:38:fd:e4:aa:70:1a:00:4a:33:4d:ba:04
>
> just would like to confirm it is valid before accept.

Unfortunately I deleted it, and didn't write down the OpenSSL
fingerprint.  The copy I got, had a valid certificate chain using the
Windows certificate tool.

Does Pidgin store it, even if you reject it?  If so, copy it to Windows,
if you have access, then rename it as .cer and launch it.  It will
produce the Windows install certificate dialogue, from where you can
check the certificate chain.

--
David Woolley