problems with MSN certificate chain

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri Jan 18 12:23:30 EST 2013

David Woolley wrote:

> To the extent that that is the problem, simply replacing the .pem file
> with a current one, should sort the problem.  I don't know if you will

The server certificates don't seem to include the full certificate
chain, so I think you will need to install the pem file for MSIT Machine
Authority CA-2.  Doing so may be more important than correcting the
expired certificate.  (I'm wondering if Pidgin is ignoring expiry dates.)

The immediate signer of an earlier certificate was Microsoft Secure
Server  Authority, which is known to Pidgin, but also expired in
February 2011.

--
David Woolley