problems with MSN certificate chain

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Jan 18 16:03:08 EST 2013

El día Friday, January 18, 2013 a las 04:34:03PM +0000, David Woolley escribió:

> Probably because one would have to use all of the Windows public key
> infrastructure, instead of the open source implementation.
>
> The non-Windows ones are probably designed for use with OpenSSL.
>
> In Matthias' case, he ran a system call trace, and Pidgin is using
> /usr/local/share/purple/ca-certs, which is clearly a private store in
> Pidgin.  This is on FreeBSD.

Note: the directory /usr/local/share/purple/ca-certs is not writeable
by normal users, it is owned by 'root'; i.e. the files
there have been stored when I compiled(!) and installed pidgin in December 2011

	matthias
--
Sent from my FreeBSD netbook

Matthias Apitz               |  - No system with backdoors like Apple/Android
E-mail: guru at unixarea.de     |  - No HTML/RTF in E-mail
WWW: http://www.unixarea.de/ |  - No proprietary attachments
phone: +49-170-4527211       |  - Respect for open standards