unloading MSN contacts' mail addrs

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Jan 22 03:29:08 EST 2013

El día Tuesday, January 22, 2013 a las 02:19:03AM -0600, Kevin Stange escribió:

> On 01/22/2013 02:08 AM, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there a way to unload the mail addrs of all my MSN contacts in Pidgin
> > to an ASCII file? This is with 2.10.0 on FreeBSD.
>
> You can just extract this data from the blist.xml file, in the sense
> that the MSN user IDs are most likely email addresses of those people.

Yeah! UNIX is simple, as always. A simple

$ fgrep '@' blist.xml | fgrep name

does what I want. Thanks for this pointer.

	matthias
--
Sent from my FreeBSD netbook

Matthias Apitz               |  - No system with backdoors like Apple/Android
E-mail: guru at unixarea.de     |  - No HTML/RTF in E-mail
WWW: http://www.unixarea.de/ |  - No proprietary attachments
phone: +49-170-4527211       |  - Respect for open standards