Question about a new feature

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Tue Jul 2 10:50:47 EDT 2013

I am moving this thread to support at pidgin.im, where it more properly
belongs.

1 2 spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I am using pidgin since 2009 and I am recording all conversations.
> I have 5 mail accounts opened in the same time.

This is common, and supported.

> Can someone add a feature to zip all the logs? Let's say if the log
> file is older then 1 month move it automaticly to the archive? I have
> some small problems when I make a backup/restore to my operating
> sistem (win2008 server)

I'm sorry to hear that your OS and/or backup program is so limited.
Unfortunately, this is not something that Pidgin handles, or should
handle.  The way Pidgin logs are stored, this is trivially handled by
an external program, and that would be our recommendation for this
case.  If you were on a Unix system you could handle this with a cron
job and a five line shell script.  On Windows, I don't know how you
would accomplish the same thing, but I am sure there is a way.

Ethan