XMPP Message Error (Code 504)

Gary Tedesco (tedesco) tedesco at cisco.com
Fri Jul 19 14:01:05 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

Having a bit of an odd issue.    Currently using Pidgin v2.10.6.  I was previously able to chat with a user outside of my domain.  Now this user is showing up as "Not Authorized".  If I try to send a message off to that particular user, the message fails with a Code 504.  I have tried deleting that user, adding the user back in, and authorizing the user when prompted.  I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Pidgin.  No difference.

This user can send me a chat message and I receive it, I cannot reply.  I get the 504 popup error message.
I can chat with other users (internal and external).

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Gary