Pidgin and BlacBerry

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Mon Jul 22 05:49:35 EDT 2013

On 22/07/13 09:43, ludovic.legoff at laposte.net wrote:

> So, you confirm there is no way to install Pidgin on a BlackBerry curve?
> Is this installation planned in the future?

As Pidgin is a volunteer project, it is very difficult to say whether it
has plans, as you would have to ask all the volunteers.

However there are technical difficulties in porting it to BlackBerry,
e.g. see https://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/4769 and
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10770321/libpurple-with-playbook-ndk

Also, would a program that is designed for PC sized screens and a mouse
really work that well on a BlackBerry?

I wonder if you are confusing Pidgin with one of the IM services that
you use.