mac-to-pc chats

Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 16:25:00 EDT 2013

You have already isolated the problem to your environment by proving a
local administrative user is fine.

Is there a chance your Active Directory settings or antivirus rules
prohibit sending broadcast traffic?

The Bonjour <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonjour_(software)> service needs
clients to be able to send broadcasts
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcast_domain> in
order to work.  Anything prohibiting that (firewall or otherwise) can break
it.  There may also be permission issues with the Bonjour Service, which
should be running, startup automatic on your PCs.

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com