mac-to-pc chats

Kevin Justie kjustie at webrary.org
Tue Jun 25 12:51:13 EDT 2013

> Is there a chance you have connectivity issues that are only surfacing with UDP traffic?

I supposed that's possible, though not sure how I would go about determining that or not.

But, I had to deploy the two desktops this morning.  They are now using different cables, different network jacks, and different ports on our main (only) wiring closet switch; previously, both were connected to the main switch through a secondary switch in my office.  When I booted them up in their new locations, I tested chats from a different Mac, so different cable/jack/port on the Mac side, too:  I was unable to initiate a chat from the Mac to one of them -- the usual situation -- but as had happened three times in all my previous testing, and as I described yesterday, I was able to initiate  a chat to the other one -- but only once; after quitting and reopening Pidgin on that PC, the Mac was once again unable to initiate a chat to it.

kevin