SUGGESTION: Exporting contacts

Amit Sehgal amit at bethere.co.uk
Mon Mar 25 07:39:30 EDT 2013

I think pidgin needs a file menu option to allow the exporting of list for import to another pidgin client.

So this would include user xmpp accounts, and all associated contacts.

The import on another Pidgin Client would import everything as is.

All the end user might have to do if they are a different end user, is change the login credentials and then re-authorise to all contacts.

It would make it easier for people in organisations. As an example, I have built up a nice list with lots of groups for example with various people from departments categorised within them and it would be great if I was able to export that for new colleagues who join.

With regards

Amit