E-mail Address not displaying in chat

Dennis Carr dennisthetiger at chez-vrolet.net
Sat May 4 05:44:11 EDT 2013

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 13:26:48 +0530
Sopesh <sopesh at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are using Pidgin chat. While sending email address "
> careers at hrglobal.co.in" in chat it is displaying as "<a xmlns="
> http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" href="careers at hrglobal.co.in">
> careers at hrglobal.co.in</a>" to the user.
>
> How can i send the email address same as it is...

Sopesh, my suspicion is that you are copying this from an HTML or XML
document (or even a Word document), and it is basically converting the
entire chunk of code that is a clickable link into raw code, which is
then transmitted.

What happens if you paste that link into notepad?

If the result is the same, then you will want to provide something to
your associates so that only the email address is pasted - that is,
good old fashioned text.

-Dennis