Pidgin 2.10.7 on Ubuntu Raring Ringtail 13.04

Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Mon May 20 08:21:40 EDT 2013

Kaushal,

The mailing list gets a lot of requests for better focus stealing during IM
conversations.  This is something that the older messengers were doing
properly in the Windows 95 days.

Our office uses Pidgin + Bonjour + Windows 8 for our internal office
messaging and I still experience this behavior.

I too have enabled the Message Notification option to "Raise Conversation
Window", but the message is not always above the other windows.

Using Pidgin since the "GAIM" days, I'm just accustomed to looking for the
blinking item or icon in the system tray.

I'm sorry if this does not answer your question, but I have the same issues.

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com