Delete Persistent Chat Room

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Wed May 22 02:37:46 EDT 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 7:34 PM, Sam Wangsness <plesletmehin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having trouble deleting a persistent chat room from Pidgin. I disabled
> the "persistent" setting as well as Auto-Join, but whenever I click "Remove"
> on it, it reappears in that accounts Temporary Chats a few moments later.
> Logging out then back in again doesn't seem to work either.

I could be mistaken, but I don't believe Pidgin itself maintains a
list named "Temporary Chats."  If I had to guess, this sounds like
something managed by your IM server.  Is this an XMPP chat room?  When
you rejoin the room, does Pidgin prompt you about creating/configuring
it again?  If so, it sounds like maybe the room IS being deleted, but
maybe there is a lingering reference to it in your buddy list and then
joining the room a second time recreates it.