Pidgin - Doesnt Open

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sat May 25 08:08:08 EDT 2013

André Restolho wrote:
> The only thing that changed was last night's windows update.

There weren't any unscheduled updates for Windows XP this month, so I
can't see if I was affected.  Knowing exactly which updates were applied
last night might give a clue.  On XP, you can request a historic log
from Windows Update, if you start it explicitly.

> UPDATE: pidgin opens but it takes like 10 min.

Are you still getting a delay?  Otherwise, it might be the post-restart
stage of the update.  If you are still getting a delay, the debug log
should give a clue as to which stage in the startup is experiencing
problems.

--
David Woolley