FW: Pidgin off line - Assistane Requested

Dave Warren davew at hireahit.com
Wed Nov 6 23:17:46 EST 2013

On 2013-11-06 18:29, John Bailey wrote:
> On 11/06/2013 12:57 PM, Endicott Lovell wrote:
>> >Maybe someone should post on the listserv signup page that the list is not
>> >oracle's support. It seems like this comes up on a daily basis.
> It won't make a difference.  Membership is not a prerequisite to post to this
> list, and the most common place for people to find the list's address is the
> About box, which already has a blurb for Oracle employees that is promptly ignored.

Is the list software clueful enough that it could be configured to start
requiring subscriptions for @oracle.com posts, and to return a blurb
about what they're doing wrong, and how to subscribe if needed?

Sure, they'll ignore it, but they ignore what they're told here anyway,
at least it would automate the responses. I'm sure at least some will
follow the link to subscribe and then whine about all the list traffic,
but most will probably get frustrated and attack the problem internally
before they hit the list.

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/