Entrust Certificates Invalid?

Michael Monette mmonette at 2keys.ca
Mon Nov 25 14:57:11 EST 2013

Hi,

I downloaded Pidgin 2.10.17 (latest) and getting certificate warnings when logging into our server. The Cert has been signed by Entrust and works great.

Upon logging in we get a warning for invalid certificate. After investigating, it seems (maybe I am wrong) like the Entrust certificate that is shipped with the install is out of date or something?

I downloaded the latest Root.PEM from Entrust and copied over the original "Entrust.net_Secure_Server_CA.pem" in the ca-certs folder of my Pidgin install and surely enough I get no certificate warnings anymore.

I attached a copy of the file I downloaded from Entrust

Mike