Spaces in URI Handler

Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 10:03:17 EDT 2013

Hi,

What is the preferred method for including spaces in the xmpp: URI handler
address?

I've used %20 as described in section 2.1 of the URI RFC to no avail.

I've found a previous email thread recommending using the colon as a
separator to no avail as well.

Here's the example I'm trying:

xmpp:mybuddy at mydomain?message;body=Hello%20World

I expect to see in the conversation window:

> Hello World

But instead I see in the conversation window:

> Hello%20World

I've searched the internet and found this issue mentioned without a working
solution.  Is this a bug or am I missing something?

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com