[dkim] Re: Can't connect to MSN account

Makoto makoto092 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 16:10:28 EDT 2013

On 10/14/2013 01:20 AM, David Balažic wrote:
> Hi!
>
> FYI:
>
> While I (and others) reported in august that the MSN service is closed
> (at least in Europe), these days I noticed I can connect again to my MSN
> account (using Pidgin, the same settings as before).
>
> So either they were reopened or never really closed.

Hmm... that's weird.  I'd actually tried to re-enable my MSN account in
Pidgin and connect (to test) about two or so days ago, before I finally
decided to import it to Skype, and it didn't work.  But, I tried again
just now, and it did connect.  Unfortunately, none of my contacts appear
online, so I can't test actual IMs.

I wish MS would just leave the protocol available as a "low-resource"
alternative to Skype, for those who can't or won't use Skype, for
whatever reason.  Or hand it to someone who'd be willing to maintain it.
  I'd still much rather prefer to use Pidgin and its logging features
over Skype.