SSL security concern

Ralf Skyper Kaiser skyper at thc.org
Mon Oct 14 15:13:29 EDT 2013

Brian,

yes, correct. and It's a good feature to have.

Yet we see users sending unencrypted messages even when they think they are
using OTR with private message encryption (yes, users are sometimes stupid).

An option that use encryption by default (which can be disabled by the
user) provides better security at no cost to usability. So why not do it?

regards,

Ralf