Files Transfer Proxy

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Fri Oct 18 03:21:13 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 7:49 AM, Sherly Hunter <sherlyhunter at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I would like to ask what is the Proxy Transfer Files on Pidgin? and can I
> disable it?

Is this on the Advanced tab when modifying the settings for an XMPP
account? If so, I believe this is an optional proxy server that can be
used to assist in sending or receiving a file, in the case where the
sender and receiver and unable to establish a connection directly to
each other e.g. due to both being behind firewalls or home routers.

I believe you can disable it by leaving the field empty (deleting the value).