Pidgin now working

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Wed Sep 4 17:21:10 EDT 2013

Shayne Libby spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Well - I appreciate the guidance, but I must say that it would be
> pretty short-sighted for anyone to get an unfavorable impression of a
> company the size and scope of Oracle, with a proven track record of
> success, due to some IM challenges. My two cents.

No.  The problem is that this has been going on for *years*, we've
contacted Oracle via several channels, and it's not getting better.
It's very annoying and shows that Oracle is more than happy to reap
the benefits of open source software and cost us time and effort
without giving anything back.  It looks really bad.

It's very short-sighted of you to think you understand the situation
after one mailing list post.

I'll leave out any comments about success etc.

Ethan