Can I make the icon sizes bigger (for a high dpi display)

sokuban sokuban at archlinux.us
Sun Sep 15 19:42:07 EDT 2013

I have a high dpi display (set as 216dpi) Pidgin is actually pretty usable,
but would it be possible to increase the size of the buddy status icons or
buddy avatar icons in the buddy list and chat window? (The chat window is
not as grave because I can on a per-buddy basis click the icon and it will
enlarge itself to a size that is more natural; it would be nice to change
the default icon size though.)

I don't see why increasing the size of the buddy status icons shouldn't be
possible; the pixmaps folders have these 48px status icons just there to
tease you, and there are svgs in there somewhere too. Clearly there must be
a way to use these?

Even for the avatar icons, most of my protocols support avatar icons much
bigger than the size of the default pidgin buddy list entry height, so this
should be possible too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks