NSIS Error when trying to uninstall Pidgin

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Thu Apr 3 09:35:45 EDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 9:07 AM, Derrick East
<Derrick.East at acessystems.com> wrote:

> I am trying to uninstall Pidgin from Windows 7 but receive a NSIS Error stating “Error launching installer”.
>

> I have stopped the pidgin process tried the following;
>
> ·        Uninstall from Programs and Features
>
> ·        Right clicked on the pidgin-uninst.exe file and tried to run as administrator
>
> ·        Reinstalled pidgin and repeated the above

The most likely cause is that your download didn't complete
successfully - I'd suggest downloading the installer again, if
necessary from a different mirror.

If you follow the instructions to validate the installer signature
(https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Are%20the%20packages%20signed#WindowsInstallers),
that will also validate that your download was successful.

-D