How to connect gtalk

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Thu Dec 11 03:49:35 EST 2014

Hi David,

On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 08:01:47 +0000
David Woolley <forums at david-woolley.me.uk> wrote:

> On 11/12/14 18:01, Kamalakar Jadhav wrote:
> > I tried steps given in following link, still no luck.
> > I am using *2.10.11 pidgin version
> > OS is windows 8.1 Pro
>
> There were various reports in May 2013 about Google withdrawing XMPP
> support then.  Maybe this process is now complete?

Google wanted to cancel the mechanism with which the Google XMPP server and
other XMPP servers can exchange messages. What wasn't going to be dropped was
connecting to chat on Google Hangouts using the XMPP protocol, and this is
still working fine for me with Pidgin here from
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bezeq international in Israel.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish