Yahoo server-side nicknames not showing when using one of two accounts

Poetul Gării de Nord poetulgariidenord at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 05:14:09 EST 2014

Hi all,

Using Pidgin 2.10.7 on Linux Mint 16 (Petra).

I have two YM accounts.

Connecting to one of them I get the YM nickname of buddies shown in my
buddies list.
Connecting to the other I only get the YM user ID displayed in the buddies
list.

Using the latest official YM client (on a Windows PC) I get the nickname
displayed for both accounts.

Note: The account for which I don't get the nicknames listed has a lot more
buddies.

I need help in solving this issue. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Poetul