Buddy error

Rex F ratt_poison at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 13 06:23:18 EST 2014

Hi, i am trying to add a buddy to my Pidgin on an MSN account. She has an MSN account too (she is in australia if that makes a difference). She's tried adding me and vice versa and the request didn't go through for either of us. We tried just messaging each other and it says the other person is offline for both of us. Then she tried downloading Pidgin herself and said she got this error when trying to download it

"The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

    The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

We are talking through Skype now but would rather chat through MSN. Thanks.