How to get the mail notifications function to work in Pidgin 2.10.9

Gregory N. Brooks brooks at intellinet-computing.com
Thu Feb 13 13:23:52 EST 2014

I do not know. I will contact Kerio Connect support to ask them the
question. It seemed best to start with the client.

Thanks.

Greg

Gregory N. Brooks
brooks at intellinet-computing.com
314-575-4273

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 14:46:18 -0800
From: Dave Warren <davew at hireahit.com>
To: support at pidgin.im
Subject: Re: How to get the mail notifications function to work in
	Pidgin 2.10.9

On 2014-02-12 14:31, Gregory N. Brooks wrote:
> I am trying to find out how to get the ?New mail notifications? (see
> screen shot below) in Pidgin to work. I am using Pidgin with Kerio
> Connect (IMAP) and their Instant Messaging server.
>
> Both work great, but users want to be notified of new mail in the
> Pidgin IM client and then check their web mail interface into Kerio
> Connect mail server.

As far as I know this feature is entirely server-driven, pidgin just
displays the messages from the server. Does your service support this
functionality and is it enabled?

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/