Autostart

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sat Feb 15 16:01:59 EST 2014

On 15/02/14 19:46, s.richardson4633 at tx.rr.com wrote:
> I don't know what version of Linux you are using, but you should be able to go to System Settings > Startup/Shutdown and then select Pidgin from the Internet Programs and add it to the programs that run on startup.

That menu isn't part of Linux.  It may exist in most mass market
distributions, but it is a function of the window or session manager
that you or they have selected.

Even with the relatively mass market Debian default desktop, it is done
by Activities | Applications | Startup Application Preferences.  With
less Windows (TM) like environments, you will need to edit an rc file.