Pidgin Help

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Thu Jan 9 05:14:29 EST 2014

Hi Jennifer,

please reply to all recipients.

On Wed, 8 Jan 2014 12:19:06 -0600
Jennifer Seo <imssalesrealestate at gmail.com> wrote:

> Cannot seem to add friends or look up users. Everyone shows offline.
> We use pidgin for instant office chat in regards if someone is here to see
> them.
>
> I really need to quick feedback on how to work this program.

A few questions:

1. What is your operating system, version, distribution, its version, computer
SPECs, etc.?

2. Which version of Pidgin are you using? How did you install it?

3. Can you connect fine?

4. Is there anything in the error logs? See
https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/TipsForBugReports

5. Which protocol are you using? Which server?

-----

For more insights about how to ask a question well, see
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html .

Regards,

	— Shlomi Fish