Fw: Pidgin Help

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Thu Jan 9 11:50:32 EST 2014

Hello Jennifer,

you sent the E-mail only to me (despite the fact that I instructed you to reply
to all recipients). I am forwarding it to the mailing list ( support at pidgin.im
) where hopefully other people can help you.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 09:19:59 -0600
From: Jennifer Seo <imssalesrealestate at gmail.com>
To: Shlomi Fish <shlomif at shlomifish.org>
Subject: Re: Pidgin Help

I am using a Dell Computer that is using Windows 8.
I'm using Pidgin 2.10.7 and installed it through the website "
https://pidgin.im"
Error logs, as in the 404 error.
Using google talk but it redirects me to XMPP.

I tried adding a buddy. Sometimes it will say 404 error. Or sometimes
"illegal character"

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 4:14 AM, Shlomi Fish <shlomif at shlomifish.org> wrote:

> Hi Jennifer,
>
> please reply to all recipients.
>
> On Wed, 8 Jan 2014 12:19:06 -0600
> Jennifer Seo <imssalesrealestate at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Cannot seem to add friends or look up users. Everyone shows offline.
> > We use pidgin for instant office chat in regards if someone is here to
> see
> > them.
> >
> > I really need to quick feedback on how to work this program.
> >

> A few questions:
>
> 1. What is your operating system, version, distribution, its version,
> computer
> SPECs, etc.?
>
> 2. Which version of Pidgin are you using? How did you install it?
>
> 3. Can you connect fine?
>
> 4. Is there anything in the error logs? See
> https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/TipsForBugReports
>
> 5. Which protocol are you using? Which server?
>
> -----
>
> For more insights about how to ask a question well, see
> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html .
>
> Regards,
>
>         — Shlomi Fish
>
> --