Cannot connect to facebook chat

Shounak Dasgupta shounak.iittm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 02:55:15 EST 2014

I am able to connect to Gtalk through pidgin (don't know whether Gtalk
has/uses XMPP servers)
How can I check whether I am able to connect to other XMPP servers?

Hoping that it is a temporary issue with Facebook XMPP servers, and not
something more sinister like a network/firewall/router/content filtering
problem

Anyway, thanks for the replies!