Please, delete my profile from your servers

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sat Jul 19 10:09:35 EDT 2014

On 19/07/14 12:22, J. Sobota wrote:

I'm just an ordinary subscriber to the list, so have no control over it
however:

> Please, delete my account with you and any information or threads about

At most you will have a mailing list subscription, which can be deleted
in the normal way.  Most casual users of the list don't even have one of
those.

> me in your forums and servers, including this post here
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.pidgin.user/4061. Kindly
> confirm deletion by replying to this email.

The people who maintain Pidgin do not run gmane, nor do they run Google
Groups, or any of the other sites, like Nabble, that archive this public
mailing list.  The only archive they maintain is the one on pidgin.im,
and their historic policy is not to remove postings from there because
it would be pointless as it will not be possible to remove them from any
of the other archives.

I would note that the current posting will also be archived on those
sites.  Normally, to contact a list administrator privately, you should
use <listname>-owner, although I haven't tried that for the Pidgin list.