Virus and Malware city!!

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Wed Jul 23 03:34:18 EDT 2014

On 23/07/14 07:00, Taveira, Marcus wrote:

> I'd like to understand why I am in copy on these messages?

Because you voluntarily subscribed to the support mailing list.  Like
most open source software, support is provided by other users (some of
whom may be developers), so everyone has to see all the questions.  It
is also  usual to reply publicly, so that others can correct or improve
the replies, and so that people can find the answers in future.

> I have sent a support request once my pidgin does not accept the
> diacritics for Portuguese language, and I receive a reply that there is
> nothing to do with my enquire...

You didn't ask this.  You said you were having unspecified issues with
them.  You still haven't supplied important information about your
environment.

> Could you please focus on my question?

Unfortunately, if someone makes what appears to be an accusation of foul
play, it is likely to get more attention in the community than one
relating to a language for which few, if any, people are subscribed to
the mailing list.

To anticipate a further question, you should have received instructions
on how to unsubscribe when you subscribed, but, for reference, they are
also included in the mail headers, as follows: