diacritics in Portuguese

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Wed Jul 23 03:34:57 EDT 2014

On 21/07/14 15:42, Taveira, Marcus wrote:

> I am having issues with the diacritics when writing in Portuguese. Could
> you please assist?

You haven't provided important information like:

1) the version of Pidgin.

2) the operating system.

3) the locale for which the operating system is configured.

4) are you using a Portuguese keyboard?

5) the nature of the issues.

My guess is that this is a limitation of GTK+, and affects all GTK+
applications.  One suggestion that came up on a quick search is to use
the AltGr key rather than any other key you might have been using.  If
you are using dead keys, it looks like GTK+ only has a limited range of
dead key combinations.

Can you enter these characters in other GTK+ based applications?  I
think GIMP is one.