keeps crashing

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sun Jun 22 07:54:52 EDT 2014

On 22/06/14 10:57, SmirGelScott . wrote:

> How do I fix this crashing issue I've? it can happen 2-10 times a day
> depends..

See <https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/TipsForBugReports> for how to
collect the information required.  As a general principle, the service
being used and the operating system are important pieces of information.

If a problem is not reported on <http://www.pidgin.im/support/>, you
will normally need to provide detailed information.

> I'm running the latest version of pidgin.

The latest version is 2.10.9.  It is generally advisable to be specific,
because:

* people often get software indirectly, e.g. as packages, which may be
out of date;

* someone searching the list archive in the future, will not know which
version was latest at the time of the report.

Note this is a public mailing list, archived in many places, so do not
post any sensitive data.