Remove link

Mark Rousell markr at signal100.com
Mon May 19 17:30:12 EDT 2014

On 19/05/2014 17:11, Stacy Johnson wrote:
> Okay, thank you for the help.
>
> Stacy
>

> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Ethan Blanton <elb at pidgin.im
> <mailto:elb at pidgin.im>> wrote:
>
>     Stacy Johnson spake unto us the following wisdom:
>     > Is it possible to have the below links removed so that when my email
>     > address is put into search engines, it does not come up?
>
>     No.  We do not control marc.info <http://marc.info>, you would have
>     to contact them.  In
>     general, you are not going to have much success achieving this,
>     though.  These mailing lists (and indeed most public mailing lists)
>     are archived on dozens of public web sites.
>
>     Ethan

However, bearing in mind the European Court of Justice's recent ruling
against Google on the 'right to be forgotten' then you may have more
luck sending a demand to Google to be excluded forever from their database!

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27388289

I'm not saying that the judgement was a sensible one (in fact I think
it's foolish and misses the legitimate point of the 'right to be
forgotten') but it could nevertheless be useful if you want to be
forgotten in this context.

--
Mark Rousell

PGP public key: http://www.signal100.com/markr/pgp