Help with Lync Online Office 365..

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu May 22 02:16:35 EDT 2014

On 22/05/14 05:25, Basheer Isfahan Syed wrote:
> Hello Team,

There isn't a team; this is a peer support public mailing list.

> We are using office 365 Lync online.. we have tried all the options Lync
> doesn’t work.. Is there any suggestions?
>
> I have already followed below instruction given in this link
> http://www.gundersen.net/pidgin-and-lync-problem-solved

That document says it uses SIPE.  The first sentence on the page
referenced for that <http://sipe.sourceforge.net/> says that it is a
third party plugin.  This list does not support third party plugins.
There appears to be a fairly active support forum at
http://sourceforge.net/p/sipe/discussion/688534/

Also, it is worth noting that most of the Pidgin developers (I am not
one of them) are not great fans of Microsoft, so support for all things
Microsoft doesn't get a lot of priority.  It is almost certain that none
of the developers has Lync experience, and quite possible that no-one
reading the list has ever connected Pidgin to Lync.