facebook chat problem

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Tue Nov 11 16:38:53 EST 2014

On 11/11/14 13:42, Gergely Marton wrote:

> I have been trying to connect to Facebook with Pidgin in order to build
> up a chat connection, but my efforts seem to be useless so far.
> I managed to save the log of the connection attempts, hence you can take
> a look at it if you wish.
>
> I would be very grateful if you could give me a hint about a solution of
> this problem.

I think that is the third party facebook plugin.  Facebook can also be
accessed using XMPP.

The project page for the third party plugin is:
<https://code.google.com/p/pidgin-facebookchat/>.  The code doesn't seem
to have been touched in almost three years.

There appears to a page about XMPP access at
<https://www.facebook.com/ajax/sitetour/chat.php?jabber_client=1>, but
you already need to have sold your soul to Facebook to be able to read it.