Pidgin not working today

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Thu Nov 13 09:24:00 EST 2014

El día Thursday, November 13, 2014 a las 10:08:23AM +0100, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> That I could not login was caused by some additional security question
> because it was the 1st time that I logged in from this IP; I managed
> this by signing in with a browser and can now connect to the MS$ account
> again; but it gives an endlos loop while fetching the contact list:
>
> (10:03:16) msn: S: NS 000: USR 7 OK XXXXXXXXXXX at hotmail.com 1 0
> (10:03:16) msn: S: NS 000: SBS 0 null
> (10:03:16) msn: Processing SBS...
> (10:03:16) msn: S: NS 000: MSG Hotmail Hotmail 1182
> (10:03:16) msn: Processing MSG...
> (10:03:16) msn: Getting Contact List.
> (10:03:17) msn: S: NS 000: UBX 1:XXXXXXXXXXX at hotmail.com 0
> (10:03:17) msn: UBX received.
> (10:03:18) msn: Got the contact list!
> (10:03:18) msn: Retrieving contact list failed: Invalid Application
> Header Application ID is either not defined in database or blocked from
> access.
> (10:03:18) msn: Getting Contact List.
> (10:03:18) msn: Got the contact list!
> (10:03:18) msn: Retrieving contact list failed: Invalid Application
> Header Application ID is either not defined in database or blocked from
> access.

The ApplicationId is defined in libpurple/protocols/msn/contact.h as

#define MSN_APPLICATION_ID "CFE80F9D-180F-4399-82AB-413F33A1FA11"

it looks like this is not valid / accepted anymore by MS$

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211
1989-2014: The Wall was torn down so that we go to war together again.