Not Connecting???

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Nov 13 18:11:23 EST 2014

On 13/11/14 20:52, Leanna Rivera wrote:
> The past few days, my Pidgin hasn’t been connecting.

See: <https://pidgin.im/pipermail/support/2014-November/028323.html>

Basically, the use of Pidgin is not approved by Microsoft and they
haven't issued it with an authorised application ID.  To get round this
it pretends to be one of Microsoft's own clients.  Microsoft have now
blacklisted that client.

In any case, Microsoft could turn off MSN permanently, at least outside
of China, at any time now.