I can't connect to Pidgin!

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri Nov 14 03:32:26 EST 2014

On 14/11/14 07:19, Chris von Gutschi wrote:
> I've been trying now for two days to connect to Pidgin - but it doesn't
> work. It just loads and loads and nothing happens. I've never had issues
> before and I even have the latest update of it. Anything I can do? Or is
> this something the administration of Pidgin is working on?

Pidgin is something you use to connect, not something that you connect
to.  Also there is no "administration" of Pidgin; it is community
supported open source software.

As MSN has been refusing to accept connections from Pidgin recently, I
suspect you mean you are unable to connect to MSN.  Please see
<https://pidgin.im/pipermail/support/2014-November/028325.html>, but
note that Pidgin has never been officially permitted as a client and MSN
could finally close any day now.