[solved] Re: perl plugin newbie question

Johnson Earls darkfoxprime at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 10:48:05 EST 2014

Hey folks,

I figured this out.  The plugin from which I copied the receiving-chat-msg callback
code had no idea what the parameters were actually supposed to be.

FWIW, the solution to changing the message flags in the receiving-chat-msg callback is:

sub receiving_chat_msg_cb {
     my ($account, $sender, $message, $conv, $flags) = @_;
         $flags |= ... ;
     $_[4] = $flags;
     return 0;
}

the flags can be found in libpurple/conversation.h in the pidgin source code.

- Johnson

--
Johnson Earls
darkfoxprime at gmail.com